Monday, November 26, 2007

Free Rice

So I went home for the holiday, and Gavin's mom Kim (who has been reading all our blogs) told me about this great website:http://www.freerice.com It's a vocabulary game where you have to choose theword that means the same as the word they give you. For every correct answer 10 grains of rice a donated through the UN to help fight world hunger. This morning I got up to level 44 and donated 800 grains of rice. I also learned that "donnybrook" the name of the apartment complex I live in means "brawl".
Since the school distrct where Kim works is aparently against games and for world hunger, and agaist children building their vocabulary, they've blocked the game on the school computers. I don't know TU's stance on world hunger, but I feel that it's safe to assume that our class is against it. So play Free Rice, learn a new word, and help eliminate world hunger.

1 comment:

megan said...

I tagged you on my blog - feel free to play along.