Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Meditations






So I went back to these.

I have 75 that I've made in the past few weeks. They kinda feel like cheating, because they work up fairly quick and it's something I can sit and do while I watch a movie, as opposed to actually being in the studio. At least that's what I've been telling people when I tell them how many I plan on making.

But looking at them all spread out and thinking about what went into making the forms, manipulating the forms, enameling the forms, collecting the rocks, sorting though all the componants, deciding what goes with what, coloring the string with pigments (in some cases), then wrapping and tying the elements together so that they stay together, it actually begins to feel like a lot! Looking at all 75 spread out on my floor, they almost feel like an accomplishment.

Looking at all 75 spread out on my floor makes me want at least twice this many for my thesis show.

1 comment:

Kira said...

I think these are a really neat experiment. Keep going!