Thursday, September 4, 2008

Process Shot of the Week


So, I made this really great fossil texture on these and was electroforming them and all was going fine until about the last 12 hours they were in the bath. I guess I had the voltage up too high for a little too long and got nodule city. Either that, or I've always had these type of nodules and they just never bothered me before. I decided it would be quicker to remake the waxes, than it would be to file all those off.
But never fear, I do have a use for these. I feel like my color scheme is changing (expanding?) by about $143 worth of enamel. So these will be great to test out new rock mixes, plus the fancy new enamel my friend Jess gave me!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

thanks for the shameless plug.

Liz Steiner said...

You are welcome.