Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bob Ebendorf Gala and Silent Auction

Saturday night I got all gussied up and went to Bob's Gala/Silent Auction. It was a lot of fun and I got to hang out with a bunch of good friends that I don't get to see very often. There was SO much amazing work in the auction, I couldn't resist bidding on a couple pieces. I even won this sweet silver and silk necklace by Caroline Gore! My brooch went for $110, which isn't bad, but I would have like to have seen it go a bit higher. I got to talk to the woman who bought it though, which was cool. She had also won the Elizabeth Turrell piece. I'm kind of excited to think that my piece is in the same personal collection with an Elizabeth Turrell.

The food was good, and dessert was AMAZING, and we even got to see a bit of the interview they filmed here this summer with Bob, for the Governor's Award. I was in it, for about 3 seconds in my space, wearing my grody apron and gesturing wildly with this half finished electroform in my hand. I have no idea what I was doing, or what I was talking about.

So many people came out to support Bob. It was really great to see. Here's a shot of all the current ECU students and ECU alumni with our wonderful metals faculty. There's no denying it, we're a sexy bunch!


Happy Tuesday!

No comments: