Monday, September 12, 2011

Where in the World. . . .?

Well, my wild and crazy summer of travel is finally coming to a close. Back in June, I packed up my Greenville studio and apartment, and headed for Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I spent 6 weeks as a studio assistant at the Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, then headed home to PA at the end of July. I visited with my family for a few days before heading out to be the studio assistant in Fine Metals at Peter's Valley Craft Center in Layton NJ. I spent a week dog sitting in suburbs of NJ, which is where I was when Irene came through. I have to say, it was so hard watching all the footage and pictures of the damage in NC. The hurricane knocked out the power at PV for almost a week, and so the Labor Day Weekend workshops were sadly canceled. I went back home a few days earlier than I intended, so I got to spend an entire week with my family before taking off again.

So where am I know? Right back where I started from. Due to one of those funny little quirks of life, I wound up back in Greenville, NC, where I'll be cat sitting for Linda Darty while she and her husband are teaching in Italy with the ECU Italy Intensive program. It's a little strange being back, but all in all, I'm looking forward to it. I've got a ton of things I'd like to accomplish in the next three months, including a trip to the beach at the first available opportunity.

I'll be blogging more about my summer and my plans for this fall over the coming weeks.

Welcome back.

No comments: