Monday, January 14, 2013

New Year, New Town (for now. . . )

Trent River, New Bern

I think the most consistent thing in my life since I finished grad school has been inconsistency. Since I've graduated, I haven't spent much more than 3 months in any given place. Even my longer stints in Greenville were broken up between a couple different living situations (read: crashing with friends before taking up a house sitting gig). Now it's a new year, a new semester and I've got a new place to stay in New Bern, NC, without any plans to stay past the end of the semester. It's a pretty little town, at least the neighborhood I'm in.
Trent River, New Bern
Many of the homes are large and/or historic and I'm near the river which is nice. I'm also only a 10-15 minute drive from work as opposed to 1 hour, which is also nice. I'm also closer to the beach. Hopefully I'll get to explore the area in the next few weeks, although I am headed up to Greenville next weekend for the annual symposium. (Just can't shake that town).

So that's that. Where I'm at for the time being and trying to enjoy it for the time being.
(Most likely) Historic Home

Church Steeple

No comments: