Saturday, May 2, 2009

Challenge

So I was asked through my etsy site to do a custom paper wedding gown to match the dress the bride is actually going to wear. This is always something I've wanted to try, just to see if I could do it. But once I agreed to it, it was more of a challenge than I expected. First of all, I had to re-size my patterns, since the customer wanted a 8"x10" scaled dress. This wasn't so big of a deal, and neither was getting the shape of the dress, but imitating the texture and the detail of the dress was another story. Especially since this was the best picture I had to work with. And no, I could even find it in a bigger size. So here's the actual dress:

And here's my version:


I'm actually really nervous. I haven't heard if this dress will be acceptable or not. It was really frustrating not to have a clearer picture. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

No comments: