Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way Through the Airport. . .


So I lent this piece to a friend of mine, who was going out to California to spend some time with a with a well respected enamelist. She had the piece packed up with some other work and had to unpack the whole thing when she went through security and apparently my necklace didn't pass! Security told my friend that she couldn't take it on the plane. She had to leave it in a locker!

I find this whole thing hysterical! I thought about reasons why my piece might not have passed security and the only thing that I can come up with (and this may be stretching it) is that they couldn't identify the materials on the string. But whatever the reason, I still find it hilarious that I made work that's not allowed to fly!

1 comment:

Light and Writing said...

this really is hilarious! nice job!