Sunday, September 27, 2009

Process Shots of the Week



Sorry for the irratic posting and short absence this week. It just got away from me. Looking back, I can't even tell you what I did, other than teach, go to class and work on stuff for an up coming crit.
I also applied to and was rejected from Rebel, a annual local publication/show. All the work that got accepted (at least in Metals) is all very traditional, and all but one weren't jewelry. Which got me thinking about traditional vs. non-traditional or avant-garde work. Most of the student work here is very traditional and very representational. I have some jumbled thoughts on why certain work gets into certain shows, and why other work doesn't, what defines a piece as good. Mostly I'm begining to wonder how my work holds up on a larger stage, as opposed to the narrow niche of this particular university.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

hey liz! Just wanted to let you know that I got to help unpack your work for the intercollegiate metals exhibition here at asu and your piece looked great.

Liz Steiner said...

Oh good! I'm glad it arrived safe and sound!