Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sorry I was MIA for a few days, but it was a really rough and exhausting week here for just about everybody. I was still fighting off the last bit of sickness from the weekend so that the the three consecutive 13 hour days I put in really just wiped me out. I spent all day Wednesday grading my design student's first project, and got some sad news on Thursday that a good friend was moving out of town today.
But it wasn't all bad. We had a potential grad student join us for seminar and help us with artist statements. It was really cool because he didn't know any of us, and hadn't seen any of our work. I went to a great lecture given by Jen Swearington. I took my students since it was during our class time, and it got a few of them really excited, so that was good. I also toured the Biology Department's specimen collection, greenhouse and saw their scanning electron microscope which we have access to through the proper channels. I'm going to try to scan some fossil limestone I have. I also went over to the Geology building for the first time and saw some of their collections.
My camera battery was dead, so I didn't get any pictures. But I'm going to go back and hopefully get some then.

No comments: