Monday, December 7, 2009

Holiday Trades!




Well, as most of you know, it's that special time of the year where posting becomes a bit sparse. That's right, FINALS!!!! Our last day of classes is tomorrow, and finals begin on Thursday. Everyone is busy, busy, busy. Also, last week was the ECU Holiday Sale. It was pretty great. All the guilds get together and set up in the Gray Gallery (the school's main gallery), so you can shop from everyone at the same time and place! There was tons of great stuff the the Metals Guild made a nice amount of money.

I purchased this great shirt from the Printmaking Guild. It was my only purchase, but I did do some FANTASTIC trades! I got a brooch, which I've been absolutly coveting from fellow metals grad Laura Wood. These pictures don't do it justice at all. I also got a great scarf from fibers grad Amanda Micheletto. It is also prettier than it's picture. It's a lovely sapphire blue merino wool scarf with machine stitching in red.

I've got a couple of more trades in the works, so stay tuned!

No comments: