Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Blog Lost. . .

I know I should be blogging more, and I am making an effort at it, but I keep running up against the fact that I don't really have anything to say. My life is routine, my work is in flux, and while I am reading a fair amount, I'm having a hard time even finding something that speaks to me well enough to use as a Quote of the Week.

This spring has felt like an incubation period. Like, a resting, a gathering of strength or preparing for something. Something big. Well, maybe not big, but medium sized to smallish. I haven't the faintest idea what though, since I feel like so many of the things I'm putting out into the world are being turned down, when not out right ignored.

Maybe it's because I have zero social life. Maybe it's because there's nothing to do in New Bern except walk around and look at how pretty the town and the water are. Even the things I do go out and do, aren't really worth discussing. (I went to a talk by Carl Kasell tonight, and really have nothing to say about it.) Maybe it's because I find myself wanting to share less and less of my personal life and my professional accomplishments (few that they are). Typing this post now, I feel like it's too "personal",  too "mushy" to be put on the blog. I should probably delete it.

But I won't. Because there hasn't been a post since Friday and it is now Tuesday. 

Happy Tuesday.

No comments: