Friday, February 12, 2010

Here We Go!






Wow! What a week! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days but it was a busy, busy week. On Tuesday our BRAND NEW electroforming chemicals were delivered! So yesterday, the awesome people from campus Environmental Heath and Safety came over and helped me and a fellow grad empty the old chemicals out of the tank, and clean everything up. I then cleaned up the anodes and bus bars and after one little bus bar mix up we are back in business! I've seriously been waiting for this for over a year. I'm so excited! I swear it's one of the prettiest things I've ever seen!
Also this week, we had the Valentine's sale, and I had 3 Japanese stab binding books due (These were really frustrating, but I really like the way mine turned out. I didn't get a chance to photograph them before I turned them in, so I'll post when I get them back.) Our first crit was this week and I absolutely love the pieces I did. (Again, no photos, sorry). Oh, and my birthday was in there somewhere I think. Busy busy! Next on my plate: pins for SNAG.

Thanks for reading! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jillian Moore said...

Great to see a revamped electroformer. Getting ready to take a turn in the new facility here at the University of Iowa now that it's returned post-flood. I've waited awhile too--it's good to get a fun toy back!

arthur hash said...

oh man we have to trade this year. I am working on mine too. Can't wait. Looking good.