Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Still Standing

Well here we are, another semester, my 9th and final one of graduate school has begun. I spent Christmas with my family, New Year's on the beach and the the past week sitting in my apartment, nursing a physical and spiritual exhaustion, spending time with my unruly children (aka: the thesis work) and bracing myself for the weeks ahead. I read an actual novel and watched some bad movies. I made cookies. I took a hiatus from blogging because my computer crapped out on me right before I went home and I haven't made the effort to go and get it fixed yet. And I was trying to stay away from school for as long as I could.

I started a piece titled Pilgrimage while I was home, and made quit a bit of progress on it over the past few days. I'm hoping to have it all wrapped up by the end of the week. The ECU Symposium is this weekend, and I've been setting up work and dealing with the exhibitions. I'm stressed out and I'm not even that involved this year. I feel a little guilty for not being more available, but my peers seem to have everything under control.

I wish I had some profound words of wisdom, some wonderful new outlook on the new year, some amazing thing to say that would let you, my readers, forgive me for falling off the face of the earth for a few weeks. But really, things feel the same, this semester feels the same. Deja vu all over again. I get up in the morning, do what I need to do and try to put all my focus on the work, and wait for the next disaster to strike.

But maybe this is just my low blood sugar talking. . .

No comments: