Monday, February 6, 2012

Charming



A few more notes from the ECU symposium, here are two charms I acquired during that weekend. The blue and green fuzzy one I needle felted in Masako Onedera's workshop entitled "Fibersmithing". She covered various techniques of needle and wet felting and even though I have some feltmaking experience, I still found this workshop exciting and informative. I always thought I didn't care for needle felting, having tried it once before for about 5 minutes. But this little piece was a lot of fun to make! I added the polka dots to make it a bit less floral.

The red plastic and copper charm was made by Molly Mitchell, which I received in the Charm Swap. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to meet her and thank her in person, so Molly if you're out there, Thank You! Tina Lazzarine, current ECU grad and co-coordinator of an awesome exhibition, The Art of Influence, that took place during the symposium got my enamel and pyrite charm.

No comments: