Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tin Finds




So I went to my favorite antique store yesterday to hunt for a tin to cut up and make something out of, and I discovered I'm more interested in using the tins to store things than to make art. I snagged these two tins for a song, and I love them just the way they are. One is an old pencil tin, and the other, cylindrical one is an old snuff tin. I went to another store and found tins I liked and would like to cut up, but not for the price. So I think I might be done with the whole tin experiment. I might mess around with the bottle caps some more, since I have a bunch, but I'll never be a tin smith. Which is fine, because I know so many people who already make awesome things with this material. I'll just stick to what I'm best at. Whatever that may be.

No comments: