Sunday, February 5, 2012

Make-a-Day 1/29-2/3

I thought I'd been doing so well at blogging until I noticed if was Friday and I hadn't blogged since Monday. Oops. Sunday through Tuesday went well for making things and I made the three little bobs pictured below. The star hangs on the wall, the other two are brooches. It's a good and fun challenge to actually USE all these things I've picked up over the years.

Wednesday was the deadline for Hot Under the Collar, and I got COMPLETELY swamped with emails and entries. I'm still going through them. I did manage to make some sunprints (not pictured here). Thursday and Friday. . . . I fell off the wagon. Already. I didn't make anything either day. Work at the museum and dealing with the show just crowded everything else out. I've decided not to beat myself up over it, and just keep trying.

So yesterday I was off and after a few errands in the morning, I spent most of the day in the studio, doing both metals and book stuff. Many of my friends use tin in their work and after watching Marlene True's workshop at the ECU Symposium, I'd been wanting to try my hand at the material myself. After all, I've been saving all these bottle caps. So I made two bottle cap charms, start to finish yesterday. While I like the look of tin in other people's work, I doubt I'll ever be part of that club. I also threw together two more charms out of stuff I had laying around the bench. You can find all of these charms for sale in my Etsy shop.



I also managed to make a book yesterday too. I bought a copy of Making Handmade Books by Alisa Golden, and I'm trying to make my way through it. Yesterday I made this X book with pockets. It was a little tricky, but I'm please with the overall end result.

So that's where I'm at. Happy Sunday!

No comments: