Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Still Here

Sorry for the complete lack of blogging in the last week. The first week of school is always so crazy, I'm sure you understand. I would like to think that things are going to settle down, but there's so many events going on in the School of Art this semester it's insane, but in a good way.

The first big event is the Print Summit, which is happening next weekend, then a few weeks later is the Making a Living, Making a Life Symposium. We have Charon Kranson coming as a visiting artist the following week. I'm really excited for this, and more than a little nervous. Then two more visiting artists are coming at the end of October to discuss creativity. Oh, and I have two geology field trips, one over night to the Outer Banks. It's a lot, and I'm going to participate in as much as I am able, but I might have to skip a few things in order to keep up with the thesis work.

Speaking of which, I feel like I've barely started my thesis. I've been working on my brooches for the exchange arranged by Loring Taoka, and I spent a lot of time last week playing with all the different painting enamels I have to teach on Thursday. And it's so much harder to keep up with the reading now that school has started. Especially since my geology class is pretty reading heavy. Right now, I'm just trying to make a little progress everyday and taking things one day at a time.

Although today I feel like I had a small breakthrough. I realized that I shouldn't even bother to put "make forms" and "enamel forms" on my to do list, since they will be there for the next seven months.

No comments: