Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What's Goin' On

I suppose a few of you may be wondering what I've been up to professionally lately. I've been applying for both jobs and shows and trying to keep track of deadlines and when which pieces are out. I actually bought a calender, and feel it is only a matter of time before I have to jump to a keeping a day planner, something I've never done. I never even wrote down my homework assignments in school, because I could usually remember everything.

I subbed a metals class on Monday at the local community college, and today I get to give an enameling demo for another metals class. I need to make a sketch book because I'm getting ready to start research for a new body of work. Probably no actual pieces for a while, but I'm in a sketching/gathering mood. I need to make some pieces for some shows including this one.

I was a little surprised at myself yesterday when I realized that I currently have work in four exhibitions. Maybe it's not that much, but I feel like it's the most work I've ever had out at once. If you're in any of these areas stop by and see it for yourself:

Alchemy, Arrowmont Galleries, Gatlinburg, TN

Radical Alchemy, Courthouse Galleries, Portsmouth, VA

Annual Juried Exhibition, Greenville Museum of Art, Greenville, NC

Masters on Main, Round 3, Downtown Catskill, NY

So that's what I've been up to, besides keeping track of everyone else's keys and taking care of everyone else's pets.

No comments: