Friday, March 26, 2010

North Carolina Love



If you've hung out with me for any length of time in the past year, you've probably heard me say "I effing LOVE North Carolina!" I'm sure that sounds a little bit fanatical, and it is. But, it's also true. And since I made my drop spine box to the measurements on my handouts, and not to fit anything specific, I decided to make it my North Carolina box. I lined the inside with a vintage NC road map, and plan to put my postcards and other North Carolina memorabilia in it. (Yeah, I just said memorabilia.)

I found this vintage postcard at one of the local antique/junk shops today while I was doing a little retail therapy. It's a classic North Carolina view, and reads:

"Here's to the land of the Long Leaf Pine,
The Summer Land, where the sun doth shine,
Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great,
Here's to 'Down Home', the Old North State!"

Perfect.

No comments: