Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Quote of the Week

"Therefore the sage produces
without possessing,
Acts without expectations
And accomplishes without abiding in her accomplishments.

It is precisely because she does not abide in them
That they never leave her."

~Lao Tzu, Tao te Ching

I got three rejections in four days, which, I understand is all part of being an artist, but it just seemed like a lot in not a lot of time. Plus, it absolutely wiped out any shred of confidence I may have had in the batch of applications I just sent out, even though I know there are a bunch of different factors that go into who gets chosen for what. I feel like I have to constantly remind myself why I make my work in the first place, because it's main purpose is not to get into shows. I get too caught up in this stuff, and I wonder if it gets any easier as you progress in your career?

No comments: