Monday, September 10, 2007

Today calls for brainstorming. . .


So for Droog project I decided to focus on the wearer participation and humor aspects of the Droog mentality. I want to make a brooch that is unquestionalbly wearable, but invites/demands participation by the person wearing it. My first thought was colors, and using colors to indicate emotional state. I used to do this thing where I would take stock and figure out a color that best overall described my day. "Today I am drenched in blue", or "Today I am a pale and wan yellow", something much more descriptive that "Red=angry". But that seems a bit to serious for Droog, so I began to consider ways to bring the humor back into the piece. I made a ring in undergrad that was my "Today Calls For. . ." ring. It has 25 interchangable tags of the things I need for a particular day. My personal favorites are "Tye Dyed Underpants", "a Press Conference", and "a Doomsday Device". So now I'm trying to figure out how to reformat this general idea, make it Droog and make it more universal. I'm considering the use of Post-it notes, or some such, so the wearer could just write whatever it is that they're feeling. I'm hoping to brainstorm this with my design team tomorrow, and hopefully get some good feedback.

1 comment:

Jangrrrrl said...

hey, Liz, just perused your blog from most recent to this one. maybe a way of getting back to the dry/humor...what of everyday for X period of time, you made a piece- enamel, post it, magnetic poetry, etc. to describe how you felt that day? different approach. maybe u do this for a week and see where it leads. you are doing a great job of being open, creative, and trying all of this on. stay loose, keep rolling. i think the magnetic poetry is potential brainstormer technique. I'd like to build up a pile of fun brainstorming "aids". good work, keep going