Tuesday, April 28, 2009

On the Side


So while I've been finishing up everything for the semester, I've also been working on my first big paper goods commission. I was asked to do 50 place card/bookmark bridal shower favors with party dresses in fuchsia, black and white. Some of these are a little more involved than my regular designs, and include hand stamping and hand painting with metallic inks.
I was also asked to do an 8"x10" version of the bride's gown in paper. This has been a big challenge for me. I've got the shape down, and a pretty solid plan on how to imitate the texture, but I'm nervous because the dress has a lot of detail and I can't find a very good picture of it. So I'm just going to do the best I can, and hope it works out. I hope that this commission leads to others. I really enjoy making these and I like making something pretty and unique for some one's special day!

No comments: