Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking Back. . .

Well it's that time of the year, the end of the old and the start of the new, where we pause and reflect. The tail end of 2008, and beginning of 2009 brought a lot of changes for me. At this time last year I was packing up my apartment in Maryland. I thought I would pause and reflect on what else happened this past year.

In 2009 I:

- moved to North Carolina
- started a different grad school
- made a TON of work (some of it good)
- got in some serious beach time
- went camping for the first time ever (also on the beach)
- did some great fossil hunting
- taught a college level course for the first time
- TA'ed a metals course for the first time
- was in a few shows
- participated in Art House's Sketchbook Project 3 and Sketchbook Library
- made some nice $$$ at the Holiday sale
- made a little bit of $$$ on etsy, including one big commission
- bought a sewing machine, and made some simple things
- became a North Carolina state resident
- was on a plane for the first time in 8 years
- met a ton of great people and made many new and close friends

This next year brings an ECU hosted Symposium right off the bat (read more about it here), trips to Houston (for SNAG) and to Italy, and (fingers crossed) Pendland, and teaching metals for the first time. This year will also likly bring my thesis and my inevitable graduation. I hope to continue sewing, baking and cooking, fossil hunting in a few new local locations and exploring the great state of North Carolina. But my sincerest wish for this new year is to be able to give at least as much help as I receive.

Wishing you all the best in 2010!

No comments: